Alessandro Giusti, born in Larissa (Greece) on October 20, 1982, graduated from the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki in Electronics Engineering. His graduation thesis presents the design and implementation of an autonomous robot for agricultural use. Since January the 1st, 2006 he is a PhD candidate in Mechanical Systems Engineering. He is a member of the research group of the Politecnico di Milano Robotics Laboratory (ARIAL lab), coordinated by Professor Alberto Rovetta.
His PhD thesis discusses the design and experimental use of an active safety system for use in automobiles. In particular, the system continuously monitors the driver for alerting him in case of excessive sleepiness or sleep-attacks. Other research activities in which he is involved include the DeeDee project and the Cleanwings project.
Inside the CleanWings project he assumes the role of design support, and particularly support in software development for image analysis. Inside the DeeDee project, his role regards the software part of the project and the management and analysis of the results.
Recent publications :
- “Methodology of evaluating safety in automobiles using intelligent sensor architecture and neural networks”, A.Rovetta, C.Zocchi, A.Giusti, A.Adami, F.Scaramellini, ELSEVIER Sensors and Actuators A Physical 2007,134/2 pp. 622-630
- “Feasibility analysis on a car control system by psychic-physical parameters”, A.Rovetta, C.Zocchi, A.Giusti, A.Adami, F.Scaramellini, International Journal of Mechanics and Control , JoMaC, 2006, vol.02, No. 07
- “Biorobotic system for increasing automotive safety”, C.Zocchi, A.Giusti, A.Adami, F.Scaramellini, A.Rovetta, IFToMM 2007 World Congress Proceedings
- “Methodology of evaluating the driver's attention and vigilance level in an automobile transportation using intelligent sensor architecture and fuzzy logic”, A.Giusti, C.Zocchi, A.Adami, F.Scaramellini, A.Rovetta, IFToMM 2007 World Congress Proceedings
- “Biosensors for microsleeps detection during drive simulations”, C.Zocchi, F.Fanfulla, A.Giusti, A.Rovetta, Biodevices 2008 International Conference Proceedings
- “Methodology and system of evaluating the driver’s vigilance level in an automobile transportation examining both physiological and mechanical data”, A.Giusti, C.Zocchi, A.Rovetta, Biodevices 2008 International Conference Proceedings
- “Municipal solid waste management in Pudong New Area, China”, Zhu Minghua, Fan Xiumin, Alberto Rovetta, He Qichang, Federico Vicentini, Liu Bingkai, Alessandro Giusti, Liu Yi, ELSEVIER Waste Management Journal, 2009